Our Parent Champions provide a strong official link between home and school and will be for the benefit of all our current and future pupils.
Their job consists of:
- To be an advocate for the school and parents.
- To be available to any parent of a child at the school as an internal contact point.
- To be part of a school planned programme of communication initiatives to gather parent views on what is working well in school and how we could improve things even further.
- To meet with the Head Teacher once or twice each half term at a time that is mutually convenient for all, this could be during the school day, after school or early evening.
- To encourage parents to read the Friday Flyer, visit school website, talk to school staff, attend PTA meetings, read noticeboards, use ‘suggestions & questions box’, attend parents meetings as means of finding out what is going on.
- To be a friendly face, who without prejudice, will listen to others and then verbally raise questions or suggestions (which have been verified by the parent concerned as a good summary of their ‘thoughts’) at one of the meetings.
- To be available to parents several times per week during ‘drop off’ or ‘collection times’, or if you wish, via email. Please note there is no expectation that a Parent Champion has to be contacted by email as part of this role.
- To prompt a parent to talk directly with school staff on specific matters that they wish resolved with their child.
- To adhere to the school’s safeguarding policy.